Friday, March 2, 2012

Old Stuff Day, 2012

Yay old stuff day!  Though as infrequently as I post it may be redundant! OK here's a repost of one of my most popular -- Great Coat Guard, combined into one easy post.


I picked up a box of the Wargames Factory Shock Troops to build
some great coated Guardsmen to use as regular troops alongside of my Vostroyan Veterans.   I built and painted up two models as a test and I think they work.  The WGF bodies combined with GW arms and the Pig Iron Winter Militia heads make for some nice unique looking models.





My first platoon of greatcoats are ready to be primed; well at least the troops are.  This platoon will be lead by Al-Rahem or at least my great-coated interpretation.  Al or Alexei Romanov as I'm calling him is still a WIP.  First up is the platoon command squad with 3 meltas.

Next we have the balance of the first squad that goes with the prototypes that appear on the top of the page

And finally the second squad.

I decided to portray these guys as a rather motley hive-militia auxiliary to the First Born Veterans  hence they get an eclectic mix of lasguns scrounged from the battlefield including Catachan and Steel Legion las-carbines.  If I build another squad, I'll throw in a few lasguns from the Necromunda weapons sprue.

 



No comments: